US News

Video shows aid workers killed in Gaza under gunfire, ambulance lights are on

In late March, a video was found on a paramedic’s cell phone, along with 14 other aid workers, who found the ambulance and fire truck they were traveling in a large grave in Gaza and lit up the emergency signal when Israeli troops hit Israel with guns.

Palestinian Red Crescent officials said at a press conference held at the United Nations on Friday that the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Society chaired the International Red Cross Society and presented nearly seven minutes of recordings, obtained by the New York Times, to the UN Security Council.

Israeli military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Nadav Shoshani said earlier this week that Israeli troops did not have “random attacks” ambulances, but no headlights or emergency signals “suspiciously identifying suspiciously” that prompted them to shoot. Colonel Shoshani said earlier this week that nine of the murders were Palestinian militants. Israel did not immediately respond to a request for comment to the video.

The Times obtained a video from a senior UN diplomat who requested that it was not determined to be able to share sensitive information.

The Times verified the location and timing of the video, which was shot earlier on March 23 in the southern city of Rafa. From the videotape that appears to be the inside of the front of the moving vehicle, it shows an ambulance and an ambulance and a fire truck, clearly marked with headlights, flashes and flashes on, heading south on the roads in Lafar North in the early morning. You can see the initial sunshine and the birds are chirping.

The convoy stopped when it encountered a vehicle turning to the side of the road – an ambulance was earlier sent to injured civilians and under attack. New rescue vehicles detours lead to the roadside.

Rescuers, at least two in uniforms, were seen setting off, a fire truck and an ambulance with a red crescent sign, approaching the ambulance deviated from the side.

Then, strong gunfire broke out.

A series of gunfires were seen and heard in the video.

The camera shakes and the video turns black. But the audio lasted for five minutes, and the gunshots did not stop. A man said in Arabic that there were Israelis present.

Recite in the video, and hear the shooting of medical staff over and over again Shahada,transparent Or Muslim declarations of faith, which people recite when facing death. He heard the caregiver say, “No God, but God, Muhammad is his messenger.” He asked God for forgiveness and said that he knew he would die.

He said, “Mom, please forgive me. This is the path I chose – to help people.” “Akbar, Allah Akbar. He said, God is great.

In the background, heartbreaking sounds of aid workers and soldiers shouting commands in Hebrew can be heard. It’s not clear what they’re talking about.

Nebal Farsakh, spokeswoman for the Palestinian Red Crescent, said in an interview in the West Bank city of Ramallah that the paramedics who shot the video were later found wearing a bullet on his head. UN diplomats said his name has not been disclosed because he had relatives living in Gaza care about Israel’s revenge.

At a press conference held at the UN headquarters, Dr. Younis Al-Khatib, president of the Palestinian Red Crescent, and his deputy, Marwan Jilani, told reporters that the association’s evidence collected, including videos and audio from the series, and body examinations of Israel’s bodies that match Israeli bodies.

The deaths of the missing aid workers on March 23 have been under international scrutiny and condemnation in recent days. The United Nations and the Palestinian Red Crescent said the aid workers were not armed and posed no threat.

Dr. Hatib said: “Their bodies are very close targets. “They know exactly where they are because they killed them.” “Their colleagues are in great pain and their families are in pain. They stayed in the dark for eight days. ”

The rescue vehicle was attacked and the silence of the United Nations and Red Crescent took five days to negotiate with the Israeli military to safely search for missing persons. Rescue teams found 15 bodies on Sunday, most of them in shallow graves, as well as their crushed ambulances and vehicles with the UN logo.

A few hours later, the area where the convoy stopped in the video was captured in satellite images and was analyzed in The Times. By then, five ambulances and fire trucks had moved away from the road and gathered together.

Two days later, new satellite images of the area were apparently buried. Next to the earth are three Israeli military bulldozers and an excavator. In addition, bulldozers erected dirt barriers on the road in both directions of the Volkswagen grave.

Dr. Hatib said a member of the Palestinian Red Crescent is still missing and Israel has not said whether he was detained or killed.

Forensic doctor Dr. Ahmad Dhair, who examined some bodies at Gaza’s Nasser Hospital, said four of the five aid workers he examined were killed by multiple guns, including wounds in the head, trunk and joints. The United Nations and Red Crescent Society said a paramedic in a convoy was detained and released by the Israeli military and provided witnesses in the Israeli military’s military shooting.

Dylan Winder, a representative of the United Nations International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, called the incident anger and said the deadliest attacks on workers from the Red Cross and Red Crescent since 2017.

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Türk told the Council that an independent investigation must be conducted and the incident “has further concerns about war crimes by the Israeli military.”

Neil Collier,,,,, Sanjana Varghese and Ephrat Livni Contribution report. Natalie Reneau Contribute to video editing.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button